Hello LONG WEEKEND!
It’s that time again; we’ve made it to another long weekend here in Canada and this time, it’s my FAVOURITE one! THANKSGIVING! Not only is it Autumn (my favourite season) but also the holiday where turkey and sweet potatoes overtake our dinner plates! YUM!
Looking past our plates and weather; Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and grateful for what we have; truly. Although, we should be thankful and grateful for all we have all of the time; this special weekend gives us the opportunity to really dig deep into the topic.
On most days, I trust we can all make long lists of things and reasons why we feel blessed, but I’m sure when you’re put on the spot there are only a few larger category items which come to mind.
Aha; I got you – now you’re thinking of all of the things you are thankful and grateful for to prove me wrong? Either way, here is a list of questions you can ask yourself to dig deeper into your soul to reflect on bringing more GRATITUDE into your thoughts:
- What relationships am I thankful for?
- What insights have gained that I am grateful for?
- How can I be thankful for the challenges I have been faced with?
- Who/what makes me smile and happy?
- What’s improved in your life from this time last year?
- What’s the most beautiful thing I’ve seen today?
- What’s something enjoyable you get to experience every day that you’ve come to take for granted?
- What’s something you witnessed recently that reminded you that people are good?
- How has technology enhanced your life and your connections recently?
- What’s one kind or thoughtful thing that someone did for you recently?