This week’s #HYGGESERIES post will be a simple one. Today I will tell you about the 10 general rules to follow when attempting to implement Hygge into your life.
1. ATMOSPHERE –“Turn down the lights”
2. PRESENCE – “Be here now. Turn off the phone”
3. PLEASURE – “Coffee, chocolate, cookies, cakes, candy. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!”
4. EQUALITY – “WE over ME. Share the tasks and the airtime”
5. GRATITUDE -“Take it in, this might be as good as it gets”
6. HARMONY – “It’s not a competition. We already like you. There is not need to brag about your achievements.”
7. COMFORT – “Get comfy. Take a break. It’s all about relaxation.”
8. TRUCE – “No drama. Let’s discuss politics another day.”
9. TOGETHERNESS – “Build relationships and narratives.”
10. SHELTER – “This is your tribe. This is a place of peace and security.”
These points are taken directly from my trusted Hygge source: The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well, and I definitely see the potential in each one of them. Truly, each point can be connected to one another, as they all thrive together to build to one main idea of health, happiness, and a cozy comfortable lifestyle.